These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioner as official.
October 28, 2019
All Commissioners Present
Commissioner Wilson Presiding
1. Commissioner Wilson called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner McCloud moved to approve the agenda as prepared. The motion carried following a second by Commissioner Wiens. Commissioner McCloud moved to approve the minutes of the October 21, 2019 session as prepared. The motion carried following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
3. No public comments.
4. Public Works Administrator Tom Robl appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. Tom informed the Commissioners that three companies responded in the HRRR Grant selection process. Tom asked the Commissioners if they would like to be the selection board. The Commissioners declined the offer to be the selection board in the HRRR Grant selection process.
5. Economic Development Director Stacy Clark appeared to present quarterly updates regarding Loan programs and the need to advertise more. The Commissioners suggested letting the Banks, City Offices and Real Estate Brokers know about the program and possibly displaying a brochure in their window.
Stacy reported that there is a new Rice County magazine in the works, Guest tax increase began on October 1st, the numerous conferences and workshops & Bicycling Initiative. Stacy asked for guidance regarding signage.
6. Chris Schneider with Gilmore Solutions appeared to answer questions regarding Rice County’s contract and the services it covers. Commissioners addressed the level of security and suggested we appoint one person in the Courthouse to have the Administrative credentials.
7. Planning & Zoning chairman Don Teeters and Public Works Administrator Tom Robl appeared to discuss a conditional use permit that has been applied for by Brandon Paris who lives at 210 East Walker in Little River which is outside of the city limits and falls under the County planning and zoning. It is zoned R-1A (Rural Residential) and he is running an automotive repair shop out of the garage making it a commercial business. A meeting has not been scheduled at this time.
There was a discussion about possibly appointing Tom Robl as the new Planning & Zoning Administrator and the possibility of hiring someone else to handle the Sanitation Officer Position. No action was taken at this time.
Commissioners will review month-end vouchers, Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 10:00 am.
Commissioner Wilson adjourned the meeting.