These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioner as official.
July 29, 2019
All Commissioners Present
Commissioner Wilson Presiding
1. Commissioner Wilson called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the agenda and the minutes of the July 22nd session as prepared. The motion carried following a second by Commissioner McCloud.
3. There were no public comments.
4. Commissioners conducted a study session including discussion about the status of the Planning & Zoning regulations review, USD 376 budget hearing, status of flood damage in various townships, and providing of uniforms for various county departments.
5. Public Works Administrator Tom Robl appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. He presented a contract with KDOT for a grant for updating road signage. Tom requested an executive session. Commissioner Wiens moved to enter into executive session from 9:48 to 9:55 for a non-elected personnel matter concerning leave and will return to open session in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse at 9:55. County Clerk Alicia Showalter was present for the session.
Commissioners returned to open session at 9:55 in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
6. Public Health Administrator Marci Detmer appeared to present quarterly updates to the Commissioners. She presented for approval a contract with Reno County for dietician services. Commissioner McCloud moved to enter into an agreement with Reno County for WIC dietician services for an amount of $8,562.00. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens. Marci reported on the status of grant applications, quarterly reports, and reportable disease numbers. Marci informed the Commissioners that the office will be closed tomorrow as all personnel will be attending a training session in Wichita. Commissioner Wiens moved to enter into an executive session from 10:17 to 10:45 for a non-elected personnel matter concerning a citizen complaint. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner McCloud. County Counselor Scott Bush was present for the session.
Commissioners returned to open session at 10:30 in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
7. Stuart Miller appeared to discuss the lease with Raymond Oil at the landfill. Further research will be conducted and reported in the near future.
8. County Clerk Alicia Showalter presented updates on the installation of the fire alarm system by FE Moran, security cameras and access by INA Alert, and replacement of trees on the Courthouse lawn. Commissioner McCloud moved to support the Chase DARE program in an amount not to exceed $500.00. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
9. Commissioners reviewed the 2020 Rice County budget and made a few additional changes. The Notice of Budget Hearing will be published in this week’s paper.
10. Commissioners reviewed and approved month-end vouchers.
11. Commissioner Wilson adjourned the meeting.