These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioner as official.
August 19, 2019
Commissioners Wilson & Wiens Present
Commissioner Wilson Presiding
1. Commissioner Wilson called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the agenda with the addition of Josh Michaelis at 11:30 and the minutes of the August 12th & 14th sessions as prepared. The motion carried following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
3. There was some discussion regarding a KDOT meeting in Hutchinson tomorrow. Logan Jantz with Prairie Fire Farm appeared and discussed the trees on the courthouse lawn. The Commissioners informed him of their ideas and he will respond with a plan in the near future.
4. Noxious Weed Director Levi Beaver appeared to present some updates to the Commissioners. He reported on the Planning & Zoning review and the Commissioners gave him a plan to pursue.
5. Public Works Administrator Tom Robl appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. Tom requested permission to purchase 18 truck tires. The quotes are:
Canton Tire $5,834.44
Best One $7,190.85
Jones Oil $7,666.00
Central Prairie Coop $6,775.42
Commissioner Wiens moved to authorize the purchase of 18 truck tires from TDW for the amount of $5,452.00. The motion carried following a second by Commissioner Wilson. Tom reported to the Commissioners about a company that is looking for an area to set up an asphalt area. Commissioners authorized Tom to proceed with getting quotes for the computers for his department that are becoming obsolete.
6. Sheriff Bryant Evans appeared to present quarterly updates to the Commissioners. He reported on the number of inmates currently being housed, current staffing, vehicles, and the number of calls for the department.
7. Dan Pugh with The Readiness Corner LLC. appeared to review the information of the Public Health Efficiency Study Report.
8. Karen Smith and Lisa Valentine with the Sterling Village appeared to make introductions and present information about the facility.
9. Communications Supervisor Josh Michaelis appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. He presented a quote from Gilmore Solutions for 2 computer replacements in an amount of $2,898.18. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the purchase of 2 computers in an amount not to exceed $2,898.18. The motion carried following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
10. Deputy/Acting Treasurer Cindy Dobbins appeared to present information regarding the replacement of 6 computers within the department. Commissioner Wiens moved to authorize the purchase of 6 computers from Gilmore Solutions in an amount not to exceed $8,076.73. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
11. Commissioner Wilson adjourned the meeting.