These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioner as official.
July 8, 2019
All Commissioners Present
Commissioner Wilson Presiding
1. Commissioner Wilson called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner McCloud moved to approve the agenda with the deletion of Gayla Godfrey at 10:30 and the addition of Tim Weaver at 9:05. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens. Commissioner McCloud moved to approve the minutes of the July 1st session as prepared. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
3. Detention Supervisor Tim Weaver appeared to get permission to hire a current employee as a part time jailer. Commissioners gave him permission to hire the employee.
4. Public Works Administrator Tom Robl appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. Tom reported that the repairs from CAT for the loader was not totally waived and the County will pay less than half of the $9,100 bill. Tom presented quotes for culverts as follows:
J & J Drainage $8,512.00
Welborn Sales $8,212.00
Commissioner McCloud moved to approve the purchase of 10 culverts from Welborn Sales in an amount not to exceed $8,212.00. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
5. Levi Beaver, Planning & Zoning Director, appeared to begin reviewing the Planning & Zoning regulations. A consultant did not appear so the discussion was postponed until next week.
6. Commissioner McCloud moved to enter into an agreement with Jerry Miller Electronics for technical support for the AWOS system in an amount not to exceed $3,600 per year. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
7. Audree Aguilera with City of Lyons appeared to get approval for an extension of Neighborhood Revitalization Program #17 to 12-1-2023. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve NRP #17 Extension. The motion carried following a second by Commissioner Wilson. Commissioners Wilson and Wiens voted in favor and Commissioner McCloud abstained. The NRP includes the buildings around the square with the exception of the North side.
8. Mark Tremaine, County Counselor representative, appeared and presented a memo on research conducted concerning autopsies.
9. Commissioners agreed to meet at 8 a.m. on July 15th to review and approve mid-month vouchers.
10. Commissioner Wilson adjourned the meeting.