These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioner as official.
June 10, 2019
Commissioners McCloud and Wiens Present
Commissioner McCloud Presiding.
1. Commissioner McCloud called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the agenda with the deletion of Tom Robl at 9:30 and the minutes of the June 3rd session as prepared. The motion carried following a second by Commissioner McCloud.
3. There were no public comments.
4. Commissioners conducted a discussion session that included security cameras for the courthouse and roof estimates.
5. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the additional expense to INA Alert for security cameras on the second and third floor in an amount of $4,344.60. The motion carried following a second by Commissioner McCloud.
6. EMS/EM Director Greg Klein appeared to review the proposal for a cardiac monitor. Greg presented a proposal for a new cardiac monitor in the amount of $26,330.35 to be funded from the EMS Equipment fund. He reported that a used/refurbished monitor costs $22,995.00 and will not be available for at least 9 months. Commissioner McCloud moved to authorize EMS to purchase a new cardiac monitor from Zoll Medical in an amount not to exceed $26,330.35 including a trade-in. The motion carried following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
Greg presented information on possible assistance for individuals with flood damage. He presented copies of forms and will be placing forms in all City Halls and in the County Clerk’s office.
7. Noxious Weed Director Levi Beaver appeared to present quarterly updates to the Commissioners. He reported on the financial status of the departments (Weed and Planning & Zoning), repairs for spray vehicles, and activities of the department employees.
8. Jon Prescott, Sunflower Diversified Services, appeared to review the 2020 budget request. The amount of the request is $30,000.00.
9. Lyons City Administrator Chad Buckley appeared to review the interlocal agreement regarding the streets & roadways on the edge of the City of Lyons. Chad will get with Tom Robl and they will discuss changes to the agreement for clarification and then make contact with County Counselor Scott Bush to rewrite the agreement.
10. Public Works Administrator Tom Robl reported on the culverts for the Century Road project being delivered. He will proceed with the notification of the closing of Century Road for the completion of the project. Tom reported on the delivery of the rented excavating machine and will begin on clearing debris from bridges.
11. Commissioner McCloud adjourned the meeting.