These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioner as official.
May 20, 2019
All Commissioners Present
Commissioner Wilson Presiding
1. Commissioner Wilson called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the agenda and the minutes of the May 13th session as prepared. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner McCloud.
3. There were no public comments.
4. Economic Development Director Stacy Clark demonstrated the new county website and requested feedback from the Commissioners.
5. Commissioners conducted a discussion session that included various road issues.
6. Public Works Administrator Tom Robl appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. He discussed the culvert project in Galt township. Commissioner McCloud moved to approve the purchase of 4 excise culverts from J & J Drainage in an amount of $9,360.00 in conjunction with the Galt Township project. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens. Tom discussed a culvert project on 15th Road at the west edge of Lyons. Commissioner McCloud moved to authorize the 15th Road culvert project in an amount of $12,204.35 subject to 50% share of the cost being paid by the City of Lyons. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
7. Sheriff Bryant Evans appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. He reported that the department has gotten the new SUV vehicle, looking at purchasing dash cams for some vehicles at a cost of about $4,000 each, inmate count for the Detention center is 45 for today, two vehicles getting repairs done will be finished this week, and informed of 2 attendees to an Interpol conference.
8. Wendy Hughes, Haley Eck, and Dan LaTourell appeared to present the 2020 Budget request for the Extension Council and Extension Building. The amount of the request for the Extension Council is $118,587 and the Extension Building is $24,500.00.
9. Mark Ehrlich, Bell Township Treasurer, appeared to discuss road maintenance and replacement of a township board member. Mark will get a recommendation letter to the County Clerk for action by the Board of County Commissioners.
10. Eric Johnson, Kirkham Michael; Chad Buckley, Lyons City Administrator; and Audree Aguilera, Community Development Coordinator for the City of Lyons appeared to present updates on the Airport Capital Improvement Program and review various airport topics. Commissioner McCloud moved to authorize the transfer of $47,344 of expiring FAA funds to be reallocated to other projects within the State Kansas. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
11. Commissioner Wiens moved to appoint Amy Royer as the Bell Township Trustee. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner McCloud.
12. There will be no meeting next Monday due to the Memorial Day Holiday.
13. Commissioners agreed to meet on May 30th at 3 p.m. to review and approve the month-end vouchers.
14. Commissioner Wilson adjourned the meeting.