These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioner as official.
May 13, 2019
All Commissioners Present
Commissioner Wilson Presiding
1. Commissioner Wilson called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner McCloud moved to approve the agenda with the addition of the Health department water issue to new business and the minutes of the May 6th session with the following change to paragraph 11 sentence 3:
Commissioner McCloud indicated that raises in the past were determined on a preferred and un-preferred basis.
The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
3. There were no public comments.
4. Commissioners conducted a study session which included reports on spraying the courthouse lawn for weeds, make contact for getting the courthouse clock fixed, review of a quote for additional tuckpointing to the Courthouse, and agencies that assisted during the recent incident of the shooting of the Sheriff & Undersheriff.
5. Commissioner McCloud moved to approve the estimate from Mantz & Shober for tuckpointing on the Courthouse in an amount not to exceed $1,762.20. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
6. Commissioners looked at Station 4 6X6 fire truck. Commissioner McCloud moved to approve the fire department to purchase a light rescue truck including equipment from Inman Fire Department for $42,500. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
7. Public Works Administrator Tom Robl appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. He requested an executive session. Commissioner Wiens moved to enter into executive session from 10:51 to 11:00 for a non-elected personnel matter concerning medical leave and will return to open session at 11:00 in the Commissioners Room. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner McCloud. County Clerk Alicia Showalter was present for the session.
Commissioners returned to open session at 11:00 in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
Tom requested permission to hire 2 additional people for summer help. The Commissioners authorized him to do the hiring. Tom reported on the use of the E-waste building at the landfill.
8. Register of Deeds Rhonda Hunt appeared to present quarterly updates to the Commissioners. She reported that she has her new copier and the use of technology in the future.
9. County Clerk Alicia Showalter presented Resolution 9-2019 (Proclamation of State of Local Disaster Emergency) for adoption and signature. Commissioner Wiens moved to adopt Resolution 9-2019. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner McCloud. There was discussion about consolidation of townships, county road system, and various township assistance solutions.
10. Detention Supervisor Tim Weaver appeared to discuss hiring an individual for the department. Commissioners gave him authorization to proceed with the hiring.
11. County Clerk Alicia Showalter presented an agreement with Ameripride to the Commissioners for approval. Commissioner Wilson moved to enter into an agreement with Ameripride with a $70.00 annual increase for towels and mops for the courthouse. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
12. Commissioners discussed water issues at the Health department. Further research will be done and a solution determined in the near future.
13. Commissioners agreed to meet at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, May 14th to review and approve mid-month vouchers.
14. Commissioner Wilson adjourned the meeting.