These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioner as official.
March 18, 2019
All Commissioners Present
Commissioner Wilson Presiding
1. Commissioner Wilson called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the agenda and the minutes of the March 11th session as prepared. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner McCloud.
3. There were no public comments.
4. Lyons City Administrator Chad Buckley appeared to participate in a discussion concerning airport contracts. Commissioner Wilson discussed the airport contracts. Further information will be obtained and presented in the near future. A new contract with Rob Challans was presented for review. A meeting has been scheduled for next Monday at 2 p.m. to discuss the contract further.
5. Commissioners discussed the medical director contract for EMS, windows at the Health department, leak on the west side of the Courthouse roof, repair of the American flag, rumble strips on asphalt roads, storage at the Health department, and FEMA meeting.
6. County Clerk Alicia Showalter presented quarterly updates to the Commissioners. She reported on department budgets, cross training in the department, upcoming meetings and schooling, status of fuel reports and questions regarding the NRP Administrative Fees fund. Alicia requested an executive session. Commissioner McCloud moved to enter into executive session from 10:20 to 10:30 for a non-elected personnel matter concerning disciplinary issues and will return to open session at 10:30 in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
Commissioners returned to open session at 10:30 in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
7. Detention Supervisor Tim Weaver appeared to get approval on the maintenance agreement for the USP System. Commissioner McCloud moved to approve the agreement with Schneider Electric for the Advantage Ultra Plan and the 7×24 Scheduling upgrade in the amount of $2,700.00 for the UPS System. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
8. Sheriff Bryant Evans appeared to discuss the parking lot at the Law Enforcement Center and requested permission to get the parking lot repaired. Bryant will get quotes for various repairs and report back in the near future.
9. Economic Development Director Stacy Clark appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. She reported on the status of the county website and the next step of scheduling a design meeting with Revize. Stacy discussed the Transient Guest Tax Fund and the issue of increasing the tax from 2% to 6% which can be done by resolution. Commissioners requested some additional information and Stacy will report back at the next session.
10. County Clerk Alicia Showalter presented a request from the Lyons Chamber of Commerce for the use of the courthouse lawn for the following events:
Easter Egg Hunt April 20, 2019
Fair on the Square September 28, 2019
Veterans Parade November 9, 2019
Commissioners approve the use of the lawn for the above events.
11. Alicia presented Resolution 7-2019 for approval. Commissioner Wiens moved to adopt Resolution 7-2019 (Transfer of $84,226.89 from Rural Fire to Fire Dist. Special Machine Fund). The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner McCloud.
12. Alicia presented the Vacation Benefits policy for approval. Commissioner McCloud moved to approve the change to Vacation Benefits Policy. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens. Alicia will distribute the change to the department heads and employees.
13. Commissioners discuss the EMS Medical Director contract change. Further information will be researched and reported back at the next session.
14. Commissioner Wilson adjourned the meeting.