These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioner as official.
November 26, 2018
All Commissioners Present
Commissioner McCloud Presiding
1. Commissioner McCloud called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the agenda with the deletion of Tracy Hillegeist at 10:30 and the minutes of the November 19th session as prepared. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
3. There were no public comments.
4. Chris Schneider with Gilmore Solutions appeared to discuss the annual agreement with the Commissioners. Commissioners authorized Chris to prepare an annual agreement combining all services and present in the near future for approval. Communications Supervisor Josh Michaelis was present for the discussion.
5. Public Works Administrator Tom Robl appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. Commissioners discussed the rodent control at the landfill E-Waste building. More information will be obtained and reported in the near future. Tom presented information on the fork replacement for the forklift at the county yard. The quotes are:
JRB Murphy Tractor $12,298.00
Darragh Co. $14,002.00
Commissioner McCloud moved to authorize the purchase of quick coupler, coupler blanks and forks for the forklift at the county yard from JRB Murphy Tractor in an amount not to exceed $12,298.00. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
6. Communications Supervisor Josh Michaelis appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. He reported on the radio console concerning a hard drive going bad and getting it repaired by Mobile Radio. Josh discussed the replacement of the workstations for the department. He presented a quote of $15,966.25 per position for a total of 3 positions. Commissioner Wilson moved to approve the purchase of workstations and cabinets from Xybix Systems Inc. in an amount not to exceed $47,900.50 for the new Communications Center to be purchased with 911 funds. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
7. Sheriff Bryant Evans and Detention Supervisor Tim Weaver appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. Tim requested authorization for a new hire and Commissioners approved the request. Commissioners discussed and asked questions regarding the medical care of inmates.
8. County Clerk Alicia Showalter reported on various subjects for decisions from the Commissioners that included locking & unlocking courthouse doors, alarm system for the courthouse, airport hanger lease agreements, airport & landfill farm lease, indigent attorney contracts, and additional year end issues. Alicia discussed the copier shared by the Clerk and the Treasurer and possible replacement. Commissioners authorized her to switch copiers with the Economic Development office.
9. Commissioners agreed to meet Thursday, November 29th at 3 p.m. to review and approve month end vouchers.
10. Commissioner McCloud adjourned the meeting.