These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioner as official.
September 17, 2018
Commissioners McCloud and Wilson Present
Commissioner McCloud Presiding
1. Commissioner McCloud called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner Wilson moved to approve the agenda and the minutes of the September 10th session as prepared. The motion carried following a second by Commissioner McCloud.
3. There were no public comments.
4. Public Works Administrator Tom Robl appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. Tom reported on the charges for the replacement of township signs, demolition of buildings on west side of square being hauled to the landfill, sealing project is complete, and striping project updates. Tom presented quotes for 10 culverts as follows:
Welborn Sales $7,800.00
J & J Drainage $6,764.00
Commissioner Wilson moved to purchase 10 culverts from J & J Drainage in an amount not to exceed $6,764.00. The motion carried following a second by Commissioner McCloud. Tom reported on hiring a new employee. He reported that he has posted an ad for a clerk position and already has several applications.
5. County Clerk Alicia Showalter presented information concerning the comp time policy and the vacation policy in the employee manual. Commissioners will not make any changes at this time.
Commissioner Wilson moved to go into executive session from 11:15 to 11:30 for attorney/client privilege concerning delinquent taxes. The motion carried following a second by Commissioner McCloud. County Clerk Alicia Showalter and Co. Counselor representative Mark Tremaine were present for the session.
Commissioners returned to open session.
6. Commissioner McCloud adjourned the meeting.