These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioner as official.
July 2, 2018
All Commissioners Present
Commissioner McCloud Presiding
1. Commissioner McCloud called the meeting to order at 8:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioners had a study session on the 2019 budget requests.
3. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the agenda with the addition of Scott Bush at 10:00 and the minutes of the June 25th session as prepared and the following change in paragraph 3 of the June 28th session minutes:
Commissioner McCloud moved to enter into a lease agreement with Huber & Associates in an amount not to exceed $5,162.00 for a new server and equipment and the amount will be divided between Sheriff, Communications and Detention.
The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
4. There were no public comments.
5. Economic Development Director Stacy Clark appeared to present a quarterly update of the department to the Commissioners. She reported on the status of loans, continuing education, tourism, updated on the status of the Rice County Downtown Alliance and updates on several programs of the department. Stacy presented a resolution for the Rural Opportunity Zone program. Commissioners requested that the County Counselor review the resolution prior to them taking action.
6. Dave Kilgore with Action Weed & Pest Control appeared to present information regarding the trees on the Courthouse square. Commissioners requested a quote for iron injections for the trees and will obtain a second quote before making a decision.
7. Planning & Zoning Director Levi Beaver and Krista Mann with Invenergy Wind Development LLC. appeared to get approval for a conditional use permit for a meteorological measurement tower. Commissioner Wiens moved to adopt Resolution 12-2018 for a conditional use permit for the installation of a meteorological measurement tower by Invenergy Wind Development LLC. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
8. Tim Weaver, Detention Supervisor, appeared to present quotes for various plans provided by P3. Commissioner Wilson moved to enter into an annual maintenance agreement with Power Protection Products Inc. for the Ultra Plan in the amount of $2,200.00 for the Law Enforcement Center UPS system. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
9. County Counselor Scott Bush appeared at the meeting. He presented an affidavit for action. Commissioner Wilson moved to adopt the affidavit. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens. The affidavit is to clear up the vacation of right-of-way on East Main Street lying east of the Railroad Right-of-way in the City of Sterling.
10. Commissioner McCloud moved to adopt Resolution 11-2018 (Authorizing Participation in Rural Opportunity Zone Student Loan Repayment Program) of which the County will not allocate any funds. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
11. Public Health Administrator Marci Detmer appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. She presented a contract for signature from Barton County for dietician services with an hourly rate increase to $42.50. Commissioners requested additional proposals. Marci reported that the applicant for the vacancy in the department has accepted another position and will advertise again to fill the vacancy. She reported that the Emergency Preparedness Grant will be in the amount of approximately $12,000 for 2019.
12. Commissioner McCloud adjourned the meeting.