Rice County Tourism Board is tasked with distributing the guest tax dollars that come from the local county hotels and motels. These funds are to promote the venues and activities within the county in order to bring those outside the county into the county primarily for overnight lodging. The Board has designed one method to do this through the granting of dollars to organizations whose event or activity align with the mission of the Board; which states, “Rice County Tourism fosters and promotes the places and activities of the County for our guests.”
Any organization may apply as long as they meet the guidelines set forth in the application. Each applicant must have the ability to track the impact and effectiveness of their project. (Rice County lodging facilities need to be contacted for the reporting after the project to identify those rooms booked for the event funded. Please encourage your guests to mention that they are staying at the motel for your event).
1. Applications are due by the first of each month at least 60 days before the event. The Tourism Board typically meets the first week of each month and will review the applications at that time.
2. The maximum grant request is $1,000 and is subject to availability of funds.
3. Preference will be given to new applicants OR prior applicants who complete the last eight questions in the application within 2 months following the event.
4. Preference will be given to events bringing people into Rice County lodging facilities.
5. Preference will be given to events that promote and impact the economy of Rice County.
6. Preference will be given to events using requested funds for purchases in Rice County.
7. Rice County Tourism should be recognized at your event.
8. Receipts or invoices will be given to Rice County Tourism if requested. Funds are only distributed two times during the month, so there may be a delay in the receipt of funds.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the completed application so that we can promptly make a decision concerning your request. For questions, call 620-257-5166.