These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioners as official.
December 29, 2017
All Commissioners Present
Commissioner McCloud Presiding
1. Commissioner McCloud called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the agenda with the addition of an executive session. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the minutes of the December 18th session with the following change to paragraph 11:
Greg discussed applying for a grant to attend an EMT class for two individuals from Little River.
The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
3. Beth Tuszynski made a public comment regarding the official newspaper for the County. She asked that the Bulletin be considered beyond costs and look at quality and reporter attendance and punctuality when the Commissioners take action of indicating the official newspaper. Commissioners will take these issues into consideration.
Commissioners reviewed and approved month-end vouchers.
4. Sheriff Bryant Evans appeared to answer some concerns of the Commissioners. Commissioner McCloud moved to enter into executive session from 10:30 to 10:40 for a non-elected personnel matter concerning policy. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
Commissioners returned to open session.
5. Commissioners reviewed and discussed year-end transfers. Commissioner Wilson moved to adopted Resolution 14-2017 (Year End Transfers) as follows:
$100,000.00 from Commissioners Special to Equipment Reserve
$ 9,000.00 from Clerk to Equipment Reserve
$ 3,000.00 from GIS to Equipment Reserve
$ 17,000.00 from District Court to Equipment Reserve
$ 12,000.00 from Appraiser to Equipment Reserve
$ 15,000.00 from Election to Equipment Reserve
$ 39,000.00 from Airport to Capital Improvement
$ 6,750.00 from Economic Development to Revolving Loan
$ 50,000.00 from Commissioners Special to Risk Management
$ 50,000.00 from Commissioners Special to Capital Improvement
$ 60,000.00 from EMS to EMS Special Equipment
$286,512.00 from Road & Bridge to General Fund
$200,000.00 from Road & Bridge to Road Mach-Bridge-Bldgs.
$ 80,000.00 from Rural Fire to Fire Dist. Special Machine & Equipment
The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner McCloud.
6. Commissioners will not meet Monday, January 1st due to the New Year’s holiday.
7. Commissioner McCloud adjourned the meeting.