These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioners as official.
December 4, 2017
All Commissioners Present
Commissioner McCloud Presiding
1. Commissioner McCloud called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner Wilson moved to approve the agenda with the deletion of Gayla Godfrey at 10:30 and the minutes of the November 27th session as prepared. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
3. There are no public comments.
4. Sheriff Bryant Evans and Detention Supervisor Tim Weaver appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. They discussed the doctor and nurse that is being utilized at the detention center. Bryant discussed changes to the employee manual including earned leave buyback, dropping earned leave to awarding of 4 hours per pay period, approval of pay increases by the Commissioners, and reported that the Sheriff’s Office will be moving to 12 hour shifts beginning the first of 2018.
5. Public Works Administrator Dennis Wray appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. He reported on the mowing being completed, and 2,100 hundreds tons of concrete has been crushed.
6. Commissioner Wilson moved to approve a shared leave donation. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
7. County Clerk Alicia Showalter presented a letter from KCAMP for a Low Loss Ratio Award in the amount of $600.00. Alicia presented a list of all county credit cards and limits. Further information was requested. Alicia will obtain that information and report back at the next session.
8. Economic Development Director Stacy Clark appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. She reported on the loan programs, tourism, continuing education, celebrations, public relations and strategic planning. Stacy reported on the Destination Business Community Reinvestment Program that will be presented next week by Jon Schallert.
9. Commissioner McCloud moved to authorize the chairman to sign a letter of support for the Hyatt Life Sciences grant. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
10. County Clerk Alicia Showalter informed the Commissioners of the reappointment of a board member. Commissioner Wilson moved to reappoint Terry Pound to the board for The Center of Counseling and Consultation. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
Alicia presented a list of possible longevity employees. Commissioner Wiens moved to pay the longevity pay in the amount of $350.00 to each employee that has more than 10 years of service, to include the elected officials and not the County Commissioners in an amount not to exceed $10,150.00. The motion carried following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
11. County Counselor Scott Bush appeared and requested an executive session. Commissioner McCloud moved to enter into executive session from 11: 30 to 11:45 for a non-elected personnel matter concerning contract employee negotiation. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson. County Counselor Scott Bush was present for the session.
Commissioners returned to open session.
12. Detention Supervisor Tim Weaver reappeared to report on the doctor and nurse contracts for the department. He will make the necessary contacts and negotiate possible contracts. He will report back at the next session.
13. Commissioner McCloud adjourned the meeting.