These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioners as official.
November 6, 2017
All Commissioners Present
Commissioner McCloud Presiding
1. Commissioner McCloud called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner Wilson moved to approve the agenda with the deletion of the Rice County Coalition at 9:45 and the minutes of the October 30th session as prepared. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
3. There were no public comments.
4. Economic Development Director Stacy Clark appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. She reported on the loan program, tourism, continuing education, celebrations, public relations and strategic planning.
5. Public Works Administrator Dennis Wray appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. He presented bids for crushing concrete as follows:
Vogts Crushing LLC $28,550
Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the bid for Vogts Crushing LLC in an amount not to exceed $30,000. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson. Dennis reported on the status of the bridge replacement on 22nd Road.
6. Communications Supervisor Josh Michaelis appeared to get approval for the purchase of Guardian tracking which is an employee tracking system. Commissioners approved the purchase of the Guardian Tracking system at an amount of $720 annually and $252 initial setup charge. Josh reported that he is sitting on the 911 Coordinating Council Legislative Committee and they have a conference call once a week for 1 hour. He reported that texting 911 capability has gone out statewide and has already been used.
7. Employee Cindy Dobbins appeared to request an executive session. Commissioner Wiens moved to enter into executive session from 10:10 to 10:30 for a non-elected personnel matter concerning policy. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
Commissioners returned to open session.
8. Lyons City Administrator John Sweet appeared to get approval of an invoice. He presented the final determination information for the AWOS system. John presented an agreement for FAA to conduct a required Flight inspection of PAPIs and REILS on the runway for the airport. Commissioner Wilson moved to approve the agreement for FAA for the flight inspection and the payment of $18,578.95 with 90% of the payment being reimbursed by a grant. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens. John presented invoice #35 from Kirkham Michael in the amount of $4,067.25. Commissioner McCloud moved to approve the payment of invoice #35 to Kirkham Michael in the amount of $4,067.25 to be reimbursed 90% by the grant for the airport extension project. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson. John presented the 5 year Airport Capital Improvement Plan funding report for review.
9. County Clerk Alicia Showalter presented a letter of resignation from Valley Township Trustee Kent Shuyler. Commissioners accepted the letter of resignation and will wait for a recommendation from the remaining board members for a replacement.
Alicia presented Member Contribution Credit & Rate Stabilization agreement from KCAMP for approval. Commissioners have some questions and will hold the approval until after the meeting at KAC next week.
Alicia presented a form for the Lyons Chamber of Commerce 2018 Membership Dues. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the 2018 Membership to the Lyons Chamber of Commerce in the amount of $100. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson
Alicia presented a maintenance agreement from Verdin Company for the Courthouse clock. Commissioners determined that they do not need to enter into an agreement and will just pay the cost of the call and services as needed.
10. Commissioners spent time reviewing and discussing various parts of the employee manual.
11. Commissioner McCloud adjourned the meeting.