These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioners as official.
August 7, 2017
All Commissioners Present
Commissioner McCloud Presiding
1. Commissioner McCloud called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the agenda and the minutes of the July 31st session as prepared. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
3. There were no public comments.
4. County Clerk Alicia Showalter presented updates to the Commissioners. She reported on questions about the quarterly reports from Gilmore Solutions, Extension Council annual meeting, and appointment of a new Fire Chief for Station 2 (Chase).
5. Public Works Administrator Dennis Wray appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. He reported on the progress of the sand sealing project. Dennis presented the agreement from Kirkham Michael for the engineering and inspection for the signing and striping project in the amount of $15,691.81. The Commissioners signed all the agreements for Federal Aid Construction Engineering.
Dennis presented quotes for the purchase for a new backhoe. The quotes are:
$89,450.00 John Deere
Commissioners requested some additional information on possible trade in value. Dennis will research and report back at the next session.
Dennis reported that Rice County received $151,063.71 in funds from the Federal Fund Exchange. The program is being temporarily modified with the exchange rate being reduced to $.75 State Funds/$1.00 Federal Funds.
6. Larry Yates appeared to discuss the closing of 29th Dennis Wray will meet with Mr. Yates and review the issue and report back at the next session.
7. Ed Feil, Rural Fire Chief, submitted his resignation as the City of Chase and Station 2 Fire Chief. Commissioner Wiens moved to accept the resignation of Ed Feil. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner McCloud. Commissioner McCloud moved to appoint Jason Kilgore as the Station 2 Fire Chief. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens. Ed Feil remains the Rice County Rural Fire Chief.
8. Lyons City Administrator John Sweet appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. John updated the Commissioners on the completion of the contamination of the property at the airport (Huffman). John presented invoices for approval for the Air Obstruction Project. Commissioner Wilson moved to approve payment of Invoice #2 in the amount of $1,108.85 and Invoice #3 in the amount of $422.42 to Kirkham Michael. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
9. County Counselor Scott Bush appeared and presented updates to the Commissioners regarding The Center for Counseling and Consultation.
10. Commissioner McCloud adjourned the meeting.