These minutes are unofficial until reviewed and approved by the Board of County Commissioners as official.
April 3, 2017
All Commissioners Present
Commissioner McCloud Presiding
1. Commissioner McCloud called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners Room at the Courthouse.
2. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the agenda and the minutes of the March 27th session with the following changes to paragraph 11:
County Clerk Alicia Showalter presented contracts for the new Flex Spending Account plan for the County.
Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the Fund Balance Policy with the General Fund, Special Revenue Funds, Capital Funds and Debt Service Funds all retaining a cash carryover from one budget year to the next with a minimum of 5% of the budgeted annual expenditures.
The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
3. County Treasurer Clint Bieberle appeared to present updates to the Commissioners regarding the financial status of the county. Clint reported on a Certificate of Deposit (CD) coming due tomorrow and he is getting bids for the renewal of the CD. Clint presented tax additions and abatements. Commissioner Wiens moved to approve the tax additions in the amount of $2,314.12 and tax abatements in the amount of $34,329.70. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
4. Communications Supervisor Josh Michaelis appeared and updated the Commissioners on the status of the polycom system. He reported that the system has been installed and is running. This brings that project to a completion.
5. Commissioner McCloud reported on the fuel system at the airport and possible recommendations for meeting the requirements. Commissioners discussed repairs to a pasture due to the large fire in March. They will pursue making an agreement for the repairs.
6. Public Works Administrator Dennis Wray appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. He reported on the aviation fuel system at the airport and the probe is out for the system. Since the grant that was applied for was not selected for funding of a new fuel system, he has instructed the airport manager to temporarily stop selling fuel due to the fuel tank containing a high water level. He recommends that the probe be replaced in the current tank. An above ground tank was discussed. Dennis will research the options and report back at a future session.
7. Lyons City Administrator John Sweet appeared to present updates to the Commissioners. He reported on the power poles of Midwest Energy and Kirkham Michael will have an agreement to present in the near future. John reported on the KDOT grant information regarding the AWOS Fuel System.
8. Appraiser Gayla Godfrey appeared to discuss the Neighborhood Revitalization Program and applicants that requested extensions. Commissioners will authorize extensions to applicants from November and December of 2016.
9. Larry Sharp with KCAMP appeared to make an annual report for the insurance pool. He reviewed the presentation of the status of KCAMP.
10. County Attorney Scott McPherson appeared to visit with the Commissioners regarding autopsies and the obligation of Rice County in the payment of autopsies.
11. County Counselor Scott Bush updated the Commissioners on the status of the tax sale process and anticipates the tax sale sometime this spring.
12. County Clerk Alicia Showalter presented updates to the Commissioners. She presented a memo for department heads that the Commissioners reviewed and approved for distribution regarding the purchasing policy for Rice County.
Alicia presented a quote for fertilizer for the Courthouse lawn by Lawns by Serbin. Commissioner McCloud moved to approve the quote for fertilizing of the courthouse lawn by Lawns by Serbin in an amount not to exceed $1,200.00. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wilson.
Alicia presented a contract for CIC Peopleware for approval. Commissioner Wilson moved to approve the annual contract in an amount of $37,900.00. The motion carried unanimously following a second by Commissioner Wiens.
Alicia presented shared leave requests and donation documents for the Commissioners approval. The Commissioners reviewed and approved the documents.
13. Commissioner McCloud adjourned meeting.